- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, the route taken through this website, and similar information);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters; and
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email and you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications; and
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.Disclosures We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this privacy statement. In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Information that the UK Polar Network collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate to enable the use of the information in accordance with this privacy statement. In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
Your Rights You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
Privacy Statement Update We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes. We may also notify you of changes to our privacy statement by email.
Other websites The website contains links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the UK Polar Network. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. The UK Polar Network provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
Contact Us If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email to email@example.com.