UKPN has developed and compiled a list of resources to help you best engage a diverse range of audiences about polar studies.
Whether you are a UKPN member, an educator, or a coordinator, our resources can help give you the inspiration and practical advice you need to excite people about the polar world.
Most importantly, have fun!
If you are planning a school visit, here are some resources you should check out for demos, ideas, and activities:
- A list of questions school kids may have for polar scientists
- Discovering Antarctica, a website with a wide range of info and activities
- The International Polar Year’s outreach website
- The International Polar Foundations’s Educations portal
- Geography and Science Curricula for Key Stages 1 & 2
- The Future of Arctic Sea Ice and Global Impacts – learn how the polar regions impact YOU
- Notes on supporting children’s education
- Talks on Polar Education and Outreach by Alex Gaffikin of the Natural History Museum and Liz Pasteur of the International Polar Foundation
- An example school presentation, provided by E&O team members
- An online presentation on Bringing Science to Schools
- Varied, extensive and exciting resources from Wicked Weather Watch – register for free for access to all their teaching resources about the Arctic